Thursday, October 4, 2012

Peeking out of the window

It's a week of national holiday in China, and I am not going anywhere. People said this is the best time to go explore China because the weather is perfect. I don't know, I don't feel like going anywhere, I haven't slow down since last summer holiday so this is the best time for me to stay put and catch up some looong sleep. Plus, I have tons of homework which frankly speaking I haven't done it yet even though my one week off is almost up.

But I feel like writing today, because I stop by on my favorite websites and look how they are already change their lay out and updated some news here and there. These are the things that I love to do and I miss most since I arrived in Beijing last year. I have no time to do nothing, to just sit and daydream or to peek on everybody's webpages or just to stroll down a park...do absolutely nothing like I used to do in DA...Beijing after all is a busy city... you would be left behind if you don't run in the same pace like everyone else.

This is why my son and I miss Darmstadt so much. On our weekends back in DA, we don't have any fancy plan..just to go to a park and have a small picnic...could brighten our day. Some of my dullest day I would stroll down to a Marktplatz and bought beautiful cutting flowers to put some colors in my home. But hey, we don't want to dwell on the past and we feel like we are ready to create some new memories...

Besides, this is Beijing...it rocks if you could find the right place to go...there is so much to be explored..only this time we opt to stay indoor have a rest and look at the outside world from our window. We might as well go on a bike tour to the Houhai lake this Saturday, if we feel like to go...Anyway speaking about window, I have an obsession of looking at the window frame everywhere I go. Below is some of them that I captured during my travels.

Istanbul




Mauer strasse, DA



Forbidden City, Beijing
DA
Fort Rotterdam,Makassar
 







Do you know why I love windows ? I think because it can tell you so many stories, if you look from outside the window you will wonder who is sitting inside and what kind of room inside those curtains..but if you stand inside a room and look out the windows you will wonder what happen on the world today, what kind of weather we have and what interesting things happen just outside our windows. What do you think..have you ever notice any windows surround you ? If you do..share with me will ya'...Have a nice evening...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails