Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Prince's Island, Istanbul

Awww how I miss my blog...I miss writing and taking a whole chunk of things out of my head. I don't know something about me feels like I am about to sail, yes we are about to move..but why I have been thinking of sea lately..and dreaming of it...perhaps because we just got back from one beautiful trip to the sea and me wanting to go back so much...oh well.. here are some pictures from our last trip to Prince's Island, at Marmara sea in Istanbul. Tell you one little secret, this place has been recommended by Melodi on Garance's blog so I have been wanting to go there ever since I've read that post.

One hot day about 37 degree, we took a TurYol ferry from the ferry dock, Istanbul Kabatas .


The view was fantastic on the way to Buyukada the largest of four Prince's Island. 
We can see boat and summer houses along the coast or on other smaller islands.




By the time we reached Buyukada, we are ready and very curious to explore this island. 
It is about two square miles, not only it's the largest of four,
it has the most of beautiful view to be seen.
The island landmark clock tower and Mediterranean houses are few of the things 
that decorate the island beautifully.


You can explore the city in two ways, jump in to fayton -the horse-drawn carriage or by bicycle.



After that we can not resist to stop by at one of the restaurant,
and try the best fish fillet served with salad and the most delicious bread, 
what a perfect lunch by the sea..with an amazing view..




don't forget to buy some baklava and off we go back to Istanbul city... 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails