Friday, May 27, 2011

Love the Forest

I wake up every morning and the first thing I do is opening my apt front door. I like to breathe fresh morning breeze and am especially fond to see the greenery surrounding me. I don't think I will live inside a small forest like this again anywhere in the world. Good thing they placed this student apartment inside a small jungle in the heart of the city (one reason is because all the loud parties students held every weekend here won't bother the neighbor). I wonder how far people would do to preserve the forest inside a city. Have we thought about what we have done to the forest of the world ?

The forest is not a trash bin
I felt eerie to read news about the forest fires in my country, Indonesia, which had lost 2.1 million hectares of forest every year. Silly illegal logging, so many wood wasted without the thought of restoring and rehabilitating the forest again....most of the time the trees was cut for economic reason without considering the ecosystem balance...wherever would we be without trees ?




and how far people would go to make efforts to preserving the nature....it would be a challenge for us but there might be a way to overcome this. I know that conservation efforts are not going to be cost-free. But the ecotourism ideas might  be a good idea, people might want to experience living inside a forest, for example like staying in this tree hotel ? In the future we certainly don't want to end up only enjoying the nature through a background picture or wall poster like this cafe below.

a cafe in front of Post-Dam Platz Theater in Berlin


WHY ARE RAINFORESTS IMPORTANT?

Rainforests are important to the global ecosystem. Rainforests:
  • provide a home to many plants and animals;
  • help stabilize the world's climate;
  • protect against flood, drought, and erosion;
  • are a source for medicines and foods;
  • support tribal people; and
  • are an interesting place to visit
The last important reason..that a forest is an interesting place not only to visit but to live in also are my reasons why I wrote this post. I still want to enjoy the beauty of nature and hope that my children will too. Hope you feel the same way too...




"It is a blessed act to plant a tree even if it be the day the world ends"
(Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) narrated by Al-Bukhari and Ahmed)

‘and the leaves of the tree were for the healing and the restorations of the nations.’
 The Bible Revelation Chapter 22 verse 2

*both quotes above are taken from the book of 1001 Muslim Heritage book

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails