Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lonely Tree

Something gloomy about today. I don't know why. Perhaps the weather makes my mood sour. Perhaps all those pansus drama playing nonstop on TV or those nonsense sinetron that makes you wonder what is real at this moment...perhaps..

I was in my car outside Jakarta when I passed this lonely tree. It made me stop somehow and took a picture of it. It resembled so much pain..this tree. So much loneliness and helpless feeling. I wonder what happened to that solitary tree ? only branches without leaves...

Got stumbled on several quotes about tree...somehow I could not decide... I don't know which one would describe this old tree..perhaps it could explain our somber mood these days..it could explain why we are feeling lost..out of direction of our nation today..

"What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another." - Mahatma Gandhi

"A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. " — Franklin D. Roosevelt

“One generation plants the trees, and another gets the shade”. Chinese proverb

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come."- Chinese proverb

"Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit."- Khalil Gibran

(via quotesdaddy.com, Gardendigest.com, goodreads.com)

2 comments:

Ria said...

Dear Fadhlanti...oh, you don't know how much I love to get note from you. I lost your contact address, but whenever I saw the book that you gave me, I remember.:) Thanks for visiting my blog, and to add my link here, it's really an honour. Your love for quotes is what connects us again, I love your quotes here too! Let's stay in touch, ok? :)

Fadhlanti Sharief said...

Sama - sama mba Ria..I was strolling down @ one bookshop in London..when I saw that book. It just remind me of you somehow even though we haven't meet each other yet. I inspired by your passion for scrap booking and how u stick to your ground to make it as ur business successfully. Warm regards, fadhlanti.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails