Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunset in Passau

We have two weeks of Christmas holiday, but unfortunately we don't have any plans to go anywhere. What with the bad weather (snow, glatteis etc), me with flu attack and also we really want to have a good rest at home this time.So it's a perfect time to look back again to places we visited during summer and fall season. I really want to share a lot of beautiful places and things that I saw but have no times to write and post it here before.

I am going to start with Passau. We had a chance to visit this town because my brother is studying there. We have never heard of this town before, but fall in love with this beautiful ancient town when we first set foot on it.

On our first day we took a walk by the Danube river, it didn't get us long to reach the Baroque old town between Danube and Inn rivers, the road was made by stones and there is long and narrow alleys that was built on medieval Gothic foundations. Those mystical alleys lead us to the the Dom of St. Stephan Cathedral.

But that Dom is not what I am going to talk about. I am going to talk about how beautiful the scene by the river when the sun was setting out. I was mesmerized by the glowing water reflecting the sun. You will know what I mean when you see this picture below...



Passau is a place on the border of Germany and Austria that wherever you look in any direction you will see rivers by..or what people called of this city as the three rivers city...the danube, Inn and Ilz rivers...


It was past lunch time when we decided to have our lunch by the river.
We enjoyed sitting on the Drei-Ecke and the view was amazing, it was beautiful and serene..







You can explore the city by a leisure boat...
or you can walk circling it back and forth..both ways are great.
These two men were kayaking around the river
and if you could do that it would be superb,
while the water is calm and not too cold at that moment.




At first I thought that Passau is an old town where usually a lot of pensioners live. I was expecting to see a lot of old people on the street. However, because there is University of Passau in the middle of the city,
 this town is crowded by students and young fresh people.
Everywhere you see, there is a perfect spot to hang out...
Especially by the river of course....


By this time of the year, it is very cold out there. I heard that annually this place is flooded badly.
 But still it's nice place to be visited. I wouldn't mind coming back again.
What do you think ?

2 comments:

Cynthia Villanueva said...

I Love Passauuuuu. A small yet very beautiful city.. :)

Fadhlanti Sharief said...

yup...wie geht's ya ??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails