Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Are you tempted ?

One morning I was walking on the Oranienburger Strasse in Berlin 
and saw this advertisement, posted on a wall.




I was attracted to the tagline "Temptation To Be Good". I didn't know what advertisement it was until later on I google it and found that it is meant for a painting exhibition in one of Berlin Art Gallery by Mercedes Helnwein. Now that I read more information about her, I am starting to admire her works of stunning expressive female subjects.

As I walked after I saw this advertisement that day, I was struck to think that even in doing good things we are sometimes tempted to do so. I am reflecting this to my situation right now that when I am about to make a decision I always counting of the good deeds that would follow, which somehow in a way frustrating me. I think I would envy people who can freely opt to do things without considering the result of their action in a good way.

This is why, when I go blog-walking tonight I saw this on the post of That kind of Woman tumblr , it made sense to me that somehow other people might have the same situation like me. This is what the question on that tumblr :

Q : yieldofthemind asked: It seems as though you want to run away from life.  Why is that?  Why are you dissatisfied? And don't worry about being dissatisfied or people thinking that you're  ungrateful.  It's alright to be dissatisfied with even the most opulent  of lives, so you shouldn't feel bad about it.

A : thatkindofwoman : I am not necessarily dissatisfied, I just know that I have so  much I want to do, but I have to practice patience. So, I take the  opportunity now to change the things I can to have more opportunities in  the future

I hope you know what I mean, that answer is related to what I felt at this moment, it's a temptation to be good...to do good.

"As you’re reading this, your life’s getting shorter. It’s ticking away. I’m not saying this to frighten you. Or even scare you. Though it may. I’m saying this to awaken you. To inspire you. To rise you out of your deep slumber. To really know you won’t live forever. To share your unique gifts. To ignite your great inner fire. To ignite your great inner strength. To ignite your great inner light. To shine. Brightly shine. To awaken your great inner beauty. To motivate. Yourself and others. To love. Yourself and others. To paint. To write. To teach. To innovate. To sing. To dance. To care. To feel. To listen. To learn. To laugh. The clock’s ticking. The world needs you. Make your move." Mike Litman (via melancholicsoul)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails